The program, established and administered by the commissioners and the Department of Housing and Community Development, is directed to assist low, moderate, and median income households interested in purchasing a home in Montgomery County.
Eligible participants may receive assistance with down payment and closing costs. Participants will be required to complete a counseling package and meet with the counselor one on one to go over budget, credit, mortgage financing, and home ownership responsibilities.
Funds for the program are supplied through the county’s Affordable Trust Fund in coordination with the Recorder of Deeds Office.
Applications can be obtained from the Department of Housing & Community Development (610) 278-3540. The funds are available to all qualified applicants on a first come, first serve basis. The Housing Programs Manager administers the Program through the Department of Housing & Community Development. Any eligible household interested in participating in the program must be income and loan eligiblePRIOR to entering into an agreement of sale(or putting a deposit on a property). There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee payable at the time of application.
To be eligible for a loan, the household must:
1. Be a first time homebuyer or not owned a home within the previous three years;
2. Have a household income below the area median income;
3. Intend to occupy the property purchased as a primary residence;
4. Be creditworthy and able to qualify for a mortgage (Conventional, FHA, or VA) at or below the current market rate;
5. Currently reside and/or be employed full time within Montgomery County at the time of Program application and closing;
6. Complete the required counseling programprior to executing any contract of salefor the purchase of real estate;
7. Have a minimum of $3,000.00 liquid assets at the time of application (no gifts of cash or equity permitted towards the first 3%.)
HOUSEHOLD INCOME LIMITS
1. Grant amount is based on the financial need of the applicant’s household, selling price of property, and household assets.
2. Assistance up to a maximum of 10% of theestimated affordable sales pricefor participants, not to exceed $10,000.00. 3. Interest rate of zero percent (0%).
4. Repayment only if:
Home is sold, conveyed, granted or otherwise transferred;
Vacated or abandoned as a primary residence within 15 years from the date of purchase of the property;
Used as investment or income producing property.
Give me a call to learn more:
Donovan Mitchell Group 215.688.3863
Author:Donovan Mitchell Phone: 215-688-3863 Dated: June 11th 2017 Views: 323 About Donovan: ...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Successfully Navigating the Mortgage ProcessA considerable number of p
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area."